Calvin's business major is an innovative program that equips you with a big-picture view of business while allowing you to dive into an area of specialization. Choose from five concentrations designed to prepare you for specific fields of business: entrepreneurship, finance, human resources, marketing and operations.
Calvin's business program combines courses taught by experienced business professionals with real-world learning opportunities to provide excellent preparation for your career.
- Start with foundational courses in business, accounting, math and economics.
- Expand your knowledge and skills with our business core exploring management, ethics, finance, marketing and business strategy.
- Deepen your expertise by choosing one of five business concentrations:
In business at Calvin, you'll prepare for the workplace by tackling real-world business problems in courses, internships, networking events and more.
- Collaboration in courses - Business courses include projects to help real organizations and corporations identify and solve business challenges. You will collaborate with other business students in group activities and team projects to help you develop skills in teamwork, market research, leadership and public speaking.
- Business activities and organizations - Student groups can help you find your passion and serve God with your business skills. Join organizations such as Knight Investment Management, Student Association for Human Resource Management and the Calvin College Marketing Club.
- Networking - Regular events with members of the thriving West Michigan business community will help you make contacts, develop skills and discover where God is calling you.
- Course code: