At Calvin University, we explore things—all things, in fact. We don't mind getting our hands dirty either, as we faithfully and creatively explore every aspect of the world God has given us.
In the art and art history program at Calvin, we respond to God's call to investigate how the visual arts best serve society. How do we address contemporary cultural concerns and where does responsibility to God and to one another come into play? Answering these challenging questions is crucial for anyone who takes Christianity and visual culture seriously.
At Calvin, you will join a close-knit community of creators. We are passionate about supporting each other and helping each other develop artistically, intellectually, and spiritually.
faculty members hold either PhDs or Masters of Fine Arts Degrees in their fields
students are employed each year by the program
students graduate from Calvin University each year with degrees in Studio Art, Art Education, and Art History
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.