Academics / Departments & Programs / African and African Diaspora Studies / Student Experience
Many off-campus options are available each year. Calvin University offers a semester abroad in Accra, Ghana; all courses may be applied toward the Africa track of the AADS minor. You might also choose to spend interim in Central or South America, Africa, or the Caribbean.
The list below showcases several current and past off-campus programs associated with the AADS program. For the latest information on what off-campus programs are available, see Off-Campus Programs.
Semester in Ghana
- [Not currently offered] Studying at The University of Ghana for a semester will introduce you to a new and exciting culture and give you opportunities to learn a local language, music techniques, cooking methods and much more.
IDIS W41 Leadership in Africa: Kenya
- This course focuses on how leaders in East Africa develop businesses, provide health care, organize government and education, respond to crises, address poverty alleviation, promote community development and micro-finance, and conduct worship.
IDIS W48 Brazil for Beginners: An Introduction to its History, Language & Culture
- "The problem with Americans regarding Brazil is that for the most part, they are totally ignorant of her in all ways possible. They fall into three main groups: the largest one doesn’t know Brazil exists, a second group believes most people in the country live in jungle huts, and a third one at least knows where’s Brazil, but they think Brazilians speak Spanish. Americans who fully comprehend Brazil wouldn’t fill a soccer stadium.” —Norman Morrison
Take the next step:
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Apply to Calvin
It all starts here! We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. All completed applications receive equal consideration.Start your journey × CLOSE DRAWER
Find the visit option that works best for you and get a taste for life at Calvin!Browse Visit Options Launch the virtual tour × CLOSE DRAWER
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.
Costs & Financial Aid
Families from all economic backgrounds—many just like yours—are making Calvin work. Scholarships, grants and loans are the tools that make Calvin possible.Explore financial aid & Scholarships How much does Calvin cost? × CLOSE DRAWER