Off Campus Programs
As a politics major, you are encouraged to study off-campus through one of Calvin's numerous semester or interim abroad programs.
Calvin offers a number of semester long programs as well as off-campus opportunities during the summer term. Investigate each semester program to find out which options are best for you.
You may also participate in many non-Calvin programs that are available for university students.
Semester in France
- Everywhere you look, you'll see mountains: the Chartreuse range sits to the north and to the west towers the Vercors range; the Belledonne range fills in the view to the east. The Drac and Isère rivers intersect in the picturesque town of Grenoble, in a valley carved out by a glacier. Here, you will thrive as you deepen your understanding of the French language and culture.
The Henry Semester in Washington, D.C.
- In Washington, D.C. you'll gain a real-world perspective on the ideas you've learned in the classroom at Calvin. Political science major or not, you can work with Career Development to find a place to gain valuable experience in your field of study.
Semester in Hungary
- Get to know a major European city better than you know your own neighborhood. A hub for food, politics, fine arts, and thermal baths, Budapest, Hungary offers the opportunity to learn alongside inspiring Hungarians who serve refugees, teach in schools, and advocate for positive social change.
POLS W40 Democratic Transition: the 2017 Presidential Inauguration
- This course offers students an opportunity to learn about the major political transition of the American political system, the inauguration of a new president. A significant portion of the class (16 days from January 9 to 24) will take place in Washington, D.C., before and after the January 20, 2017 presidential inauguration.
IDIS W49 Legacies of Empire: Political Economy and Society in Curacao and Trinidad
- This course undertakes interdisciplinary exploration of the historical and contemporary legacies of European empires in the Caribbean region through a cross-national comparative analysis of political economy and society on the islands of Curacao and Trinidad.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.