Calvin’s BA in information systems is designed for students whose primary interests are in information technology and project management.
Information systems is the study of information technology and how it can be leveraged to bring value to an organization. Calvin offers a bachelor of arts (BA) degree in Information Systems. This degree is intended for the student whose primary interests are in information technology and project management. It includes a selection of courses from information systems, computer science, and business.
Christian leadership is the foundation to the IS major. Team-building concepts are introduced early in the curriculum, followed by small group projects, and finally a significant class-sized project managed completely by students.
Careers in Information Systems
- Systems Analyst
- Software developer/engineer
- Database administrator
- Network/system administrator
- Information security
- Web developer
See job placement rates for Calvin grads.
Participate in student/faculty summer research; work for the audio-visual department or Calvin Information Technology; intern for a local business.
Dollar amounts reflect awards given for the 2014-15 academic year.
- Jay and Martina Kuiper Family Business Scholarship
- award amount: $2,100
- sophomore, junior or senior
- GPA of 2.50+
- financial need is required; business major with an information systems minor; demonstrate a commitment to their faith through their actions
- apply through the Calvin Portal
- Larry and Sharlene Nyhoff Scholarship in Computer Science
- award amount: $3,400
- GPA of 2.80+
- financial need is considered; planning to pursue a major or minor in one of the computer science programs
- apply through the computer science department
Talk to us
Interested in teaching? You can gain certification in Information Systems as a:
Calvin's teacher education program also contains education-specific course requirements that you must complete prior to certification. See course requirements for:
Professor Robert Keeley talks about the education program.