The Audio Visual department provides audio-visual media support for Calvin University classroom instruction and related activities and to Calvin departments and organizations.
Audio Visual Services
- Paper and Paint Workroom
Our workroom is equipped with materials to make bulletin boards, posters, signs, banners, folders. etc. It is available for use whenever the AV desk is staffed.
- Equipment Available for Loan
- Data/Video Projectors
- Portable 42" Flat Screens
- Laptop Computers (Mac & Windows)
- Mobile Laptop Lab (22 wireless PC's)
- DSLR Cameras
- Digital Still Cameras
- Digital Video Camcorders
- Tripods & Microphones
- Videoconference/Polycom Device
- Document Cameras
- Audioconference Speakerphones
- VCR, DVD, and TV Carts
- Audiocassette/CD Boombox Players
- Digital Audio and Cassette Recorders
- Public Address Systems & Megaphones
- Dictation Transcribers for audiocassettes
- Software for transcribing audio files
- Wireless Presenters/Remote Controls
- Laser Pointers
- Audio Mixers
- Whiteboards, Flipcharts, & Easels
- Overhead Projectors
- 35mm Slide Projectors
- Opaque Projectors
- Record Players
- Equipment Delivery & Setup
We maintain an inventory of media equipment for your instructional presentation needs. Most equipment can be delivered to your office or delivered and setup in your classroom. Contact the AV department to make arrangements.
- Equipment Operation
In most instructional situations, you are expected to operate the equipment yourself. Operators can be available to help you get started or to stay with you, depending on the complexity of your need. Letting us know in advance will increase the probability of an operator being available for you.
- Off-the-Air and Satellite Video Recording
We can record television programs from off-the-air, cable-tv, and satellite sources.
We can help you understand and observe the applicable copyright restrictions by helping you to license programs, to locate commercial sources of programs, and by explaining the ins and outs of what Fair Use allows.
- Materials for Visual Presentations
We have the following materials on-hand for your use:
- Construction paper
- Butcher paper
- Poster board
- Picture stencils (Ellison diecuts)
- Cutting boards, heavy-duty staplers, 3-hole punches
- Tempra paints and markers
- Overhead transparencies
- Comb binding/booklet binding system
- Opaque "enlargement" projector
- Button making equipment
- magnet or safety pin on back
- Roller laminator
- Cut-up-able magazines
- and more!
- $7 Passport Photos
We shoot passport and visa photos which are ready in a few minutes. No appointment is necessary. You will receive two photos for $7.00.
- Lamination Service
We laminate materials every day. We will laminate both sides of an item but will not trim the edges of laminated items.
- Media Transfer and Duplication
We can transfer, edit, record, and duplicate many formats of media. These services are available for university needs. Prices very with quantity. Contact the AV department for pricing information.
Copyrighted material will be duplicated according to the Fair Use Guidelines of the Copyright Act of 1976, and related regulations. If we may not duplicate your media, we can help you search for a license or another copy of the item.
- Ordering Audio-CD and DVD Copies of Programs
To order a copy of a lecture or campus event for Calvin University department or organization use, contact the AV department.
To order a copy of a lecture or campus event for personal use, contact the Campus Store at 616.526.6376 or toll-free at 1(800).748.0122.