Steps to apply (in any order)
To apply to Calvin, please submit the following items:
- The Common Application, including Calvin-specific questions
- High school transcript - submitted by your guidance counselor through the Common Application
- SAT or ACT scores - either from your official high school transcript or sent directly from the testing agency. (SAT code 1968; ACT code 1095)
- Academic recommendation - submitted by a teacher you choose through the Common Application
- If you’ve done any college course work, please submit your transcript(s)
Apply by January 1 and Calvin will waive the $35 application fee. Applications from international students will be considered until April 1.
Submit SAT/ACT or TOEFL/IELTS test scores:
- Submit SAT/ACT if English is the primary language of instruction in your school
- Submit TOEFL/IELTS if English is not the primary language of instruction at your school
See our testing guidelines page for more information.
Submit ONE of the following forms for financial aid, depending on your situation:
If you ARE requesting financial aid
If you are NOT requesting financial aid
We do not accept forms from any other sources such as The College Board and we require all supporting documents to be original or certified copies.
Submit supporting financial documents (can be sent via email or fax). We require:
- Parent's income statement - This can be a statement issued by their employer, person in charge of company finances, or it can be government issued tax document with the income amount listed.
- Parent's savings statement - This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that you can cover at least two years of your pledged amount from savings. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed 3 months.
- Sponsor's letter of intent (if applicable) - This is a letter written by your sponsor indicating the amount they pledge towards your educational costs for each year.
- Sponsor's savings statement (if applicable) - This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that your sponsor can cover at least two years of their pledged amount from savings. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed 3 months.
Please note that you need a valid passport to study in the U.S. We encourage you to send us a scanned copy of the ID page of your passport, or begin the necessary paperwork to obtain or renew your passport.
Completed applications are considered on a rolling basis until the deadlines below. For maximum scholarship consideration, be admitted by February 1.
|Type||Fall Semester||January Interim||Spring Semester|
|First-Year||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Transfer||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Canadian||Aug. 15||N/A||Jan. 10|
|International||April 1||N/A||Dec. 15*|
*We do not accept international applications mid-year unless you are an international student in the U.S. who is transferring to Calvin.
Calvin College does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.