If you're a Canadian citizen, this is the place for you. Get information on applying to Calvin as well as application deadlines and admissions standards.
To apply to Calvin, please submit the following items:
- The Common Application, including Calvin-specific questions. Optional: Include a link to your ZeeMee account through the Common Application.
- High school transcript - submitted by your guidance counselor through the Common Application.
- SAT or ACT scores - either from your official high school transcript or sent directly from the testing agency. (SAT code 1095; ACT code 1968). SAT/ACT scores are waived for applicants with cumulative average marks of 75% and above.
- Academic recommendation - submitted by a teacher you choose through the Common Application.
- If you’ve done any college course work, please submit your transcript(s).
Apply for admission by January 1 and Calvin will waive the $35 application fee!
Please note that if you are a US/Canadian dual citizen, you will need a US passport to enter the country.
Completed applications are considered on a rolling basis until the deadlines below. For maximum scholarship consideration, be admitted by February 1.
|Type||Fall Semester||January Interim||Spring Semester|
|First-Year||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Transfer||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Canadian||Aug. 15||N/A||Jan. 10|
|International||April 1||N/A||Dec. 15*|
*We do not accept international applications mid-year unless you are an international student in the U.S. who is transferring to Calvin.
Minimum standards for admission
For first-year applicants
- 2.5 GPA (on 4.0 scale) or 65-73% in a Canadian grading system
- 20 ACT or 1020 SAT (510 Math and 510 Critical Reading)
- SAT/ACT waived for Canadian applicants with cumulative average marks of 75% or above.
- High school course requirements
For transfer applicants
- GPA of 2.0 if transferring from a 4-year institution; 2.5 if transferring from a 2-year institution
- ACT or SAT scores: see above
- 3 years of college prep math, beginning with Algebra 1
- High school diploma or equivalent degree (GED)
Applicants with lower grades or scores are encouraged to apply and may be admitted on condition if there is other evidence of academic promise.
Calvin College does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.