(40 semester hours)
- ECON-221 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON-222 Principles of Macroeconomics
- GEOG-110 World Regions
- ENST-210 Human Impacts on the Environment
- HIST-151 History of the West and the World I
- HIST-152 History of the West and the World II
- HIST-229 U.S.A.
- POLS-101 Ideas and Institutions in American Politics
- POLS-202 State Politics and American Federalism
- IDIS-205 Societal Structures and Education as a Social Enterprise
- IDIS-375 Methods and Pedagogies for Secondary Social Studies
- HIST-359 Seminar in the Teaching of Secondary Social Studies
- Students pursuing the secondary social studies major must also complete a history major or a minor in economics, geography, or political science. Courses are allowed to overlap between the social studies major and the disciplinary major or minor.
- Course code: